- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance!
- Phoenix is pet-friendly so you can bring your dog to work with you!
Reporting to the Rising Sun Villas Coordinator, the Residential Support Worker focuses on facilitating the safe reintegration of offenders back into the community.
- Facilitate the safe reintegration of offenders back into the community.
- Observe and accurately record resident’s behaviour and reporting behaviour that indicates an elevation of risk to the community, the house, or to the resident himself.
- Proactively build rapport and provide counselling, coaching to residents to assist residents in behaving in a pro-social manner.
- Work with peer Resident Support Workers to seek out professional development and opportunities to share knowledge.
- Work with residents and staff weekly to compile a shopping list and join residents to purchase items on shopping list.
Schedule: Shifts are casual, on-call
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated adherence to ethical and privacy standards and related legislation concerning confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Minimum two years of academic education in a related field. Preference will be given to those with academic background in social work, counselling, or criminology.
- Specific training in working with offender groups, risk assessment, risk management, conflict resolution, non-violent crisis intervention, assertive case management.
- Experience working in a correctional and/or community residential environment, especially with multi-barriered and mental health clients.
- Fluent, and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written in English
- Current negative Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check Review
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle with valid insurance is preferred.
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.