KEY WORK RESPONSIBILITIES
Residential Program Assistants work as part of an integrated services team and are responsible for providing day-to-day support, direct assistance, supervision and, monitoring of residents in the Phoenix Centre and Phoenix Supportive Housing Programs.
Demonstrate courtesy and respect for others.
Promote good relations (builds rapport and trust, shares information with others, accepts and expresses suggestions or feedback in a positive, constructive manner, be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others).
Participate in the team’s planning and implementation of quality improvement projects such as evaluating customer needs, improving services and implementing new service strategies.
Participate in working through team issues.
Assist in the orientation and training of new staff in the integrated services model combining clinical addiction, housing, employment and educational services.
Seek out professional development opportunities and share knowledge including attending staff meetings, in service educational events, and mentoring junior staff.
You will need to be able to assist with the following tasks:
- Assisting with case documentation
- Database entry
- Preparing new files
- Answering phones
- Conducting pre-screens over the phone
- A Full Time Position requiring availability to work Sunday to Thursday from 4:00pm to 12:00am.
- A Part Time Position requiring availability to work Friday to Monday 4:00pm to 12:00am. This position is a part time position with healthcare benefits.
- A Part Time Position requiring availability to work Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Academic: Position requires a minimum of 2 year post-secondary education and training relevant to the addiction treatment field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience: Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the addiction services field within a community setting, assisting men and women affected by substance misuse, concurrent disorders, unemployment, lack of education, criminal justice involvement, homelessness and poverty related issues to become active participants in the social, economic and cultural life of the community.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject line 190404_ PA and indicate which position you are interested in by April 19 2019 to email@example.com Only those selected for interview will be contacted.