- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance!
- Phoenix is pet-friendly so you can bring your dog to work with you!
The Prep Cook/Dishwasher is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef and the kitchen team in carrying out the tasks involved in preparing and serving food to Phoenix Society residents and staff while maintaining a positive demeanor.
This position works in an integrated case management team relationship with addiction counsellors, employment counselors, transitional housing workers and other helping professionals on and off site in which the kitchen plays a key role.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all kitchen visitors including residents and staff.
- Support and contribute to a positive work environment by being professional, polite and having fun!
- Assist Cook with food preparation, paying special attention to specific dietary modifications and restrictions as indicated.
- Follow Food Safe standards for preparing, storing and serving food and beverages.
- Ensure correct usage of cleaning products following safety guidelines.
- Safely operate kitchen equipment.
- Complete cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, etc.
- Clean dishes, pots, glassware, and cutlery following established sanitation procedures.
- Keep work station and guest area stocked with appropriate items such as paper towels, soap, salt and pepper shakers, sugar containers, etc.
- Maintain back of house stock (food bins, paper products, etc.).
- Other duties, as assigned.
Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours weekly. Monday to Friday.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Current Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Food Safe Level 1
- Previous experience an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to use problem solving skills, discretion, tact and poise in all interactions
- Maintain excellent personal grooming and hygiene
- Appreciative of a diverse, multicultural environment
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.