About us: Located in Surrey, BC and serving the Greater Vancouver region, the Phoenix Society is dedicated to social innovation. We encourage community initiatives that help participants exit the cycle of addiction and homelessness. Our integrated services model provides:
- early-recovery residential addiction services,
- employment and educational assistance,
- longer-term post-treatment transitional housing, and
- home-ownership opportunities
The Phoenix Society is a multi-service agency dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, education, criminal justice involvement and or employment.
KEY WORK RESPONSIBILITIES
Residential Program Assistants work as part of an integrated services team and are responsible for providing day-to-day support, direct assistance, supervision and, monitoring of residents in the Phoenix Centre and Phoenix Supportive Housing Programs.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrates courtesy and respect for others, promotes good relations (builds rapport and trust, shares information with others, accepts and expresses suggestions or feedback in a positive, constructive manner, be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others)
- Participates in the team’s planning and implementation of quality improvement projects such as evaluating customer needs, improving services and implementing new service strategies
- Participates in working through team issues
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff in the integrated services model combining clinical addiction, housing, employment and educational services.
- Seeks out professional development opportunities and share knowledge including attending staff meetings, in service educational events, and mentoring junior staff.
You will need to be able to assist with the following tasks:
- Assisting with case documentation
- Database entry
- Preparing new files
- Answering phones
A Part Time Position requiring availability to work Friday , Saturday, Sunday from 4:00pm to 12:00am.
Wage: Level 3 $19.00 to $22.01 per hour.
- Academic: Position requires a minimum of 2 year post-secondary education and training relevant to the addiction treatment field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience: Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the addiction services field within a community setting, assisting men and women affected by substance misuse, concurrent disorders, unemployment, lack of education, criminal justice involvement, homelessness and poverty related issues to become active participants in the social, economic and cultural life of the community.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject line 191021_PT PA by October 28, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.