Located in Surrey, BC and serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions, the Phoenix Society is dedicated to social innovation and community initiatives that help participants exit the cycle of addiction and homelessness. Our integrated services model provides:
- early-recovery residential addiction services,
- employment and educational assistance,
- longer-term post-treatment transitional housing,
- home-ownership opportunities
The Phoenix Society is a multi-service agency dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
KEY WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Housing Manager, the Outreach Worker must be a self-starter who is responsible for capacity building of residents and alumni to maximize their social and economic potential and support their goals for successful independent living in the community.
- You will need to be able to assist with the following tasks;
- connecting people to community services:
- securing personal identification;
- initiating and securing access to housing, assisting with rent subsidies,
- initiating and securing access to ministry of employment and income assistance services.
The outreach worker will also provide follow up including keeping statistical data.
A Full Time Position requiring availability to work Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. There are two positions available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Position requires a 2 year diploma in social work or an equivalent field of study.
- At least one (1) years’ work experience in a related field.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license.
- Ability to apply trauma-informed practices to clinical care.
- Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services.
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer literate with experience using Office software and central data systems.
- First Aid/CPR.
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations.
- An equivalent level of experience and education may be considered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line FT Outreach_191002 no later than October 16, 2019.