- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
- A truly rewarding role for a Nurse Practitioner
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Currently, we are looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join The Phoenix Society’s team in Surrey, BC.
As our new Nurse Practitioner, you’ll participate in the recovery and capacity building of residents and alumni by engaging in their physical and mental health needs.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out health assessments
- Administering medication and documenting their effects
- Carrying our wound care
- Monitoring and documenting patient progress
- Assisting the on-site GP with administration and patient care
- Providing comprehensive health assessments and performing check-ups
- Diagnosing health conditions
- Treating and managing both acute and chronic illnesses as well as simple and complex health issues
- Ordering and interpreting screening and diagnostic tests
- Treating, transferring, and discharging in-patients and community out-patients from hospitals
- Developing a therapeutic nurse-resident relationship
- Participating in emergency preparedness planning by working collaboratively to develop and implement plans
- Providing direction, assignment, and assistant to unregulated staff
In order to qualify for this role, you must have a degree in Nursing as well as be registered with the College of Registered Nurses of BC. You’ll also have certificates in Satisfactory Tuberculosis Screening (current negative test) and First Aid (current). The ability to satisfactorily complete a criminal record check through the ministry of public safety and solicitor general criminal records review program is also required.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll join us with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form in fluent English. Your adaptable nature and ability to work comfortably as both a part of a team and individually will serve you well as you work towards shifting demands and deadlines.
The ability to act ethically while having a strong focus on client needs will ensure your success in this role.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive hourly wage of $44.83 to $51.92 dependent on skills and experience.
Additionally, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long term disability
- Employer matched retirement plan after one year of employment
- A pet-friendly environment where you can bring your dog to work
- A work culture that practices positive psychology enabled by VIA strengths surveys for all staff
- MSP coverage
- 2 weeks vacation in the first year
We value the happiness of our team and host numerous social events, in conjunction with the community, over the year including seasonal summer BBQ’s and Christmas parties, charity fundraisers, and lunches.
This is a unique opportunity to join the team of a thriving and growing company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
If you think you have what it takes to make a change within our organization, please apply today at the link below!