Working within a residential care environment, the NP will provide ongoing primary care services to medically complex adults with substance use and mental health concerns. In coordination with the sessional physician, the NP will be responsible for the comprehensive assessment of patients and clients including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions. The NP will initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribing medications in accordance with statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, and employer policies and procedures. The NP will provide professional guidance to other staff members in addressing complex care concerns.
This is a part-time position of 15 hours weekly with flexible scheduling.
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- 1 year of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
- Ability to perform the full scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to apply trauma-informed practices to clinical care.
- Ability to apply knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral sciences, pathophysiology, psychopathology and epidemiology to clinical diagnoses.
- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to prescribing and evaluating treatment responses.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
- Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer clients and patients to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices; ability to introduce education and evidence-based research.
- Ability to assess and recognize population health trends; ability to plan and implement strategies for population-based prevention and health promotion.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient care.
- Ability to self-assess performance and assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
Qualified applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled. Successful applicants are required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.