- Phoenix is working with BC Housing and Fraser Health to support those experiencing homelessness and impacted by COVID 19.
- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance!
Mobile Support Worker: Be part of an integrated services team and are responsible for providing day-to-day support, supervision, and monitoring of residents in the Phoenix Isolation Shelter.
- Monitoring homeless residents that are required to self-isolate due to COVID 19 and do not need to be hospitalized.
- Follow recommendations from BC Housing, Fraser Health, BCCDC and medical professionals on monitoring daily activities of residents.
- Promote good relations (builds rapport and trust, shares information with others, accepts and expresses suggestions or feedback in a positive, constructive manner, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others).
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff in the integrated services model.
- Administrative tasks such as
- Assisting with case documentation
- Database entries
- Preparing new client files
- Professionally answering phones
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) year diploma from a post-secondary education and training relevant to the social services field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Recent related experience of at least one (1) year
- Knowledge/familiarity with related resources such as: Mental Health, Income Assistance, Harm Reduction, Addictions Support organizations, etc.
- Ability to apply trauma-informed practices
- Crisis Intervention and Naloxone training is an asset
- Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations
- Shift times will rotate between 8:00am/8:00pm and 8:00pm/8:00am
- Shifts are 12 hours in length
- Working no more than 3 days on and then 3 days off in a motel setting.
The base pay for Mobile Support Workers is $24.00/hr plus overtime.
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.