Located in Surrey, BC and serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions, the Phoenix Society is dedicated to social innovation and community initiatives that help participants exit the cycle of addiction and homelessness. Our integrated services model provides:
- early-recovery residential addiction services,
- employment and educational assistance,
- longer-term post-treatment transitional housing,
- home-ownership opportunities
Mission statement: Supporting people to transform and reach their full potential.
In this pivotal role, you will be required to work in an integrated addiction services facility for adult men and women aged 19 years of age and older. This full time position works in collaboration with all counsellors and may require a moderate level of physical fitness to effectively carry out direct program activities.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in team efforts to maintain and continuously improve the intake, admissions and orientation process.
- Conducting integrated addiction services assessment interviews, acts to ensure resident’s privacy and preserving the confidentiality of client’s personal information.
- Assessing strengths and challenges and outlines services provided by Phoenix Centre programs.
- Assessing clients’ suitability for the program and making referrals to other agencies when necessary.
- Orienting residents to the program.
- Educating clients regarding recovery maintenance, relapse prevention and life management, identifying and prioritizing life area needs.
- Maintaining accurate client records (assessment data, client care plan, goal setting, case notes and discharge summaries, behavior contracts, incident reports, medication logs) reports, statistics on residents required for billing reports.
- Ensuring that all required documentation is complete and on time.
- Working with residents and integrated addiction services team to develop care and action plans (recovery, health, housing, education, employment, etc.) recovery maintenance plans, relapse prevention plans.
- Assisting residents in identifying high risk situations and in establishing strategies to avoid relapse or to get back on track quickly if relapse occurs.
- Facilitating coordination with other on site services (employment, housing, education, work experience).
- Monitoring client’s progress and modifying plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
In order to qualify for this role, you must have a Masters Level certification in Counselling or a related discipline combined with one 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
Please note, an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in addiction and/or social services. If relevant, a minimum of 3 years sobriety is required.
The successful candidate will also have:
- The ability to apply trauma-informed practices to clinical care.
- Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services.
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Computer literacy with experience using Office software and central data systems.
- First Aid/CPR training.
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations.
Our ideal candidate for this role will act ethically, have a strong focus on client needs and be able to act both independently and as part of a team. Leadership skills, the ability to make decisions and problem-solve are essential to this role.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
Additionally, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long term disability
- Employer matched retirement plan after one year of employment
- MSP coverage
We value the happiness of our team and host numerous social events, in conjunction with the community, over the year including seasonal summer BBQ’s and Christmas parties, charity fundraisers, and lunches.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a thriving and growing company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
If you think you have what it takes to make a change within our organization, please apply today! by clicking in the link https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/110968