- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization.
- Finish each day knowing you have made a difference.
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance.
- Phoenix is pet-friendly so you can bring your dog to work with you!
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager works closely with the financial management team and is responsible for enhancing the organization’s accounting functions, maintaining and improving accounting policies, principles & practices, monitoring and analyzing data and producing financial reports.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports, including variance analysis & research
- Assist program & operational managers to review and understand their monthly financial reports
- Prepares financial reports required by our various funding agencies and ensures contractual compliance
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Complies with regulatory agencies requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Assist with AR, AP and payroll functions
- Assists with the annual budget process
- Assists with the year-end audit planning & liaising with the auditors
- Identify and recommend process improvements to drive efficiencies and ensure effective internal controls
- Works cross-functionally with operations on development and execution of new projects and business initiatives
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) designation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Energetic individual with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to provide outstanding service to staff and clients
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong skills in Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and HRIS (Payworks)
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Current Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter here
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.