- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance
- Phoenix is pet-friendly so you can bring your dog to work with you!
Reporting to the Clinical Lead, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a member of the integrated services team combining clinical addiction, housing, employment and educational services. The Licensed Practical Nurse participates in the recovery and capacity building of residents and alumni by engaging in their physical and mental health needs.
- Develop therapeutic nurse-resident relationship.
- Adhere to legal requirements of LPN practicing and scope as dictated through BCCNP.
- Medication administration in keeping with facility licensing requirements.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement emergency preparedness planning.
- Work with physician and/or NP and help develop care plans for individuals, when needed.
- Provide direction, assignment and assistance to unregulated staff.
- Assess resident’s health literacy and knowledge providing information and access to resources.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and respond to resident rights to health care information.
- Document using internal documentation tools as well as requirements under legislation, regulation, by-laws and policies applicable to LPNs.
The LPN will ensure that residents receive medication at scheduled times. Care must be taken to ensure that all electronic and/or hardcopy Medication Administration Records are accurately recorded in compliance with Community Care Facilities Licensing Standards.
The LPN will use codes of ethics and ethical framework to ensure the following
- Professional obligation of duty to care.
- Respect, trust, empathy and integrity in interactions with residents.
- Appropriate professional boundaries with residents and staff members.
- Reflexive praxis of the impact of personal values and assumptions on resident interactions.
- Recognize and respect the values, opinions, needs and beliefs of residents and staff.
- Identify and resolve situations involving moral and ethical conflict resolution techniques.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to perceive situational or other stressors, subtle changes in motivation that elevate risk, and act proactively to check in and bring the resident/alumni back on track toward their goals using appropriate strategies, and prioritizing issues.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and involve adults in learning activities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust one’s approach to meet the demands and needs of constantly changing conditions, situations and people and to work effectively in difficult or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with an integrated addiction services team.
- Strong analytical thinking and decision making, and exercises sound judgment.
- Experienced in administering medication using a Medication Administration System.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, internet and database management.
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement.
- Willingness to learn and participate.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Appreciative of and sensitive to a culturally diverse work setting.
- The ability to give and accept feedback constructively.
- Innovative, flexible, creative, curious, motivated to learn, grow and adapt to change.
- A diploma in Nursing accompanied by registration, in good standing with BC College of Nursing Professionals.
- The ability to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written in English.
- Current negative Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check Review
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long-term disability
- Employer-matched retirement plan
- A work culture that promotes staff development and growth
- Minimum 2 weeks’ vacation in the first year
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.