The Phoenix Society is a multi-service agency dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
These housekeeping positions will work in a motel setting in the Emergency Response Centre assisting staff in serving people marginalized by homelessness.
KEY WORK RESPONSIBILITIES
Keep suites in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy to light cleaning duties. Duties may include cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, removing garbage, cleaning appliances and notifying management of need for repairs.
- Clean suite floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply bathrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Make beds and keep linens in stock as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and requested by management.
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school diploma
There is a full time position that requires availability to work Sunday to Thursday 9:00am to 3:30pm including a half hour unpaid lunch break or part time position that requires availability Friday and Saturday 9:00am to 3:30pm including a half hour unpaid lunch break.
The starting wage for this position is $16.38 per hour.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic: Position requires a minimum of a G.E.D. education.
- Experience: Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 1 year experience in the housekeeping and cleaning field.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject line 20200616_Housekeeping by June 30 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will held when qualified resumes are received. Please indicate if you are applying for the part time or full time position.