Located in Surrey, BC and serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions, the Phoenix Society is dedicated to social innovation and community initiatives that help participants exit the cycle of addiction and homelessness. Our integrated services model provides:
- early-recovery residential addiction services,
- employment and educational assistance,
- longer-term post-treatment transitional housing,
- home-ownership opportunities
Mission statement: The Phoenix Society is a multi-service agency dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
Keep suites in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy to light cleaning duties. Duties may include cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, removing garbage, cleaning appliances and notifying management of need for repairs.
- Clean suite floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply bathrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Make beds and keep linens in stock as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and requested by management.
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school diploma
This is a part time position that requires availability to work Monday to Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic: Position requires a minimum of a G.E.D. education.
- Experience: Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 1 year experience in the housekeeping and cleaning field.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject line 190706_2PT PA by July 18 2019 to email@example.com. Only people selected for interview will be contacted.