- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance!
- Phoenix is pet-friendly so you can bring your dog to work with you!
Provide care and support that promotes the physical, emotional/psychological, cultural, social and spiritual well-being of clients and their families.
- Recognize the effect of illness, behaviour, stress and disability on clients and family relationships.
- Use knowledge of the basic principles of growth and development, communication, and psychosocial dimensions of human behaviour to provide safe and competent care.
- Use knowledge of the aging process and related health and chronic conditions to provide safe, competent care.
Supporting, promoting and maintaining the health, safety, independence, comfort and wellbeing of clients in all care settings.
- Plan and implement care based on the client’s health status, and to take action in collaboration with the health care team.
- In accordance with the plan of care, assist with specific tasks related to medication administration as delegated by nursing team.
- Appreciate the potential value of traditional medicines and alternate forms of healing to the client and their family.
Develop and maintain effective caring relationships with clients and families.
- Appropriate use of health care terminology and abbreviations.
- Recognize triggers early and responds appropriately to deescalate the situation.
- Appropriately communicate information about the client’s needs while respecting confidentiality and legally regulated requirements
Work collaboratively with all members of the health care team to reach a common goal in the provision of safe, competent and ethical care to clients and their families.
- Communicate changes in the client’s health status promptly and as required to nursing team and during shift change.
- Articulate and maintain values and best practices as it relates to the client.
- Understand when to seek help from other members of the health care team, e.g. when care demands exceed scope of practice or personal competence.
Provide care and services that promote and maintain the safety and well-being of clients and families in addition to attention to personal safety and job stressors.
- Recognize safety risks and implements appropriate safety measures.
- Operate equipment safely.
- Implement preventative measures to mitigate harm and risks to self and others (falls, safe feeding, safe mobilization, etc.)
Perform job in an ethical, responsible and accountable manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical standards and legal requirements expected in the provision of care.
- Incorporate new knowledge into client care and share knowledge with others.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong observational and reporting skills
- Demonstrated adherence to ethical and privacy standards and related legislation concerning confidentiality
- Maintain professional relationships by establishing appropriate boundaries with client and family
- Proven ability to adhere to personal health and safety
- Able to plan and implement care in collaboration with the health care team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Appreciative of the potential value of traditional medicines and alternate forms of healing
- Certificate in Health Care Assisting, accompanied by registration in BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
- Fluent, and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written in English.
- Current negative Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check Review through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long-term disability
- Employer-matched retirement plan
- A work culture that promotes staff development and growth
- Minimum 2 weeks’ vacation in the first year
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.