Located in Surrey, BC and serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions, the Phoenix Society is dedicated to social innovation and community initiatives that help participants exit the cycle of addiction and homelessness. Our integrated services model provides:
- early-recovery residential addiction services,
- employment and educational assistance,
- longer-term post-treatment transitional housing,
- home-ownership opportunities
Mission statement: Supporting people to transform and reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Community Development Manager, the Events and Recreation Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of social and recreational programs which support a state of wellbeing and growth for residents in recovery from addiction. The Events and Recreation Coordinator will also assist in the organizing and implementation of fund raisers and community awareness projects.
The Events and Recreation Coordinator provides leadership, motivation, and guidance to residents and volunteers involved in the provision of events and recreational services by fostering and promoting new recreational initiatives; coordinating a variety of events from set up to take down; promoting and enhancing the volunteer program; monitoring and evaluating resident attendance and program participation.
- One Part Time Position requiring availability to work Saturday to Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
This position is required to work in an integrated addiction services facility for adult men and women aged 19 years of age and older. Direct program activities may require a moderate level of physical fitness to effectively carry out the duties of the position. The Events and Recreation Coordinator will need to be flexible in these hours to accommodate weekend and evening events when they occur.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and direct the delivery of recreation services.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check
- 2 years experience in a similar position
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 190326_Events and Recreation Coordinator. Please indicate which position you are interested in. Positions will remain posted until filled. Only people selected for interview will be contacted.