- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance!
- Phoenix is pet-friendly so you can bring your dog to work with you!
The Community Development Manager will provide strategy and oversight for Phoenix’s fund development activities, manage the day-to-day operations of fundraising progress, and creates strong relationships with all stakeholders to increase awareness and support for Phoenix.
This role is responsible for donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition and grant applications with a focus on growth and sustainability.
- Identifies and implements improvement strategies and best practices.
- Participates in the implementation of the communications and marketing plans for each event in concert with the Events Coordinator.
- Manages media relations for Phoenix and effectively informs and promotes our brand, mission, values and product.
- Manages all press releases by describing and promoting our products and services.
- Develops and implements a successful annual fundraising plan in consultation with the CEO and Board to set fundraising targets, with a focus on grant writing, identification of prospective donors and donor stewardship.
- Ensures a steady flow of proposals, reports and stewardship information for current and prospective funders, on a demanding schedule.
- Researches and writes grant applications, reports and other correspondence for prospective and current donors, government, foundations and corporate funders.
- Identifies, researches and acquires prospective individual and corporate donors and sponsors.
- Develops and implements campaigns to reach new prospects, targeted by sector.
- Produces in-house fundraising appeals and campaigns to donors using various computer programs, applications and social media.
- Leads preparation of newsletters, annual reports, and social media content.
- Adheres to the guiding principles and policies of Phoenix.
- Undertakes fundraising-related duties as needed.
Schedule: Full time, 37.5 hours weekly, Monday to Friday
This position carries a salary range of $58,500.00 to $67,782.00. Additionally, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long term disability
- Employer matched retirement plan
- A work culture that practices positive psychology enabled by VIA strengths surveys for all staff
- Minimum 2 weeks’ vacation in the first year
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Academic – A bachelor’s degree in commerce/marketing/communications or related field
- Experience in major donor cultivation and engagement
- Marketing and/or media relations experience is an asset
- English language fluency – effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written
- Tuberculosis Screening Certificate – Current at hire
- First Aid Certificate – Current
- 5+ years’ experience in a fund development or similar role in a nonprofit environment
- Experience with Salesforce, Mailchimp or other CRM is an asset
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook and donor database systems
- CFRE certification an asset
- Experience in developing annual giving campaigns
- Demonstrated experience and confidence in asking people to donate, sponsor or make major gifts
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and volunteers
- Strong organizational (time management), analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.