Working within an integrated services management team combining clinical addiction, housing, employment and educational services, the Rising Sun Manager is responsible for leading a continuum of services that include Correctional Residential Facility (CRF) and other community type housing.
The successful candidate will lead all programs at Rising Sun, which currently includes
- over 29 CRF beds, 8 aging offender beds
- a day program for parolees
- 5 CRF transitional housing suites
- 13 community transitional housing suites
- 23 homeownership suites
The Rising Sun Manager ensures program budgets and contractual deliverables are met and maintained and provides required documentation and reporting. This position works in an integrated case management team relationship with the Director of Programs, CRF Coordinator, staff, parole officials and other helping professionals on and off-site.
The facility is located in a vibrant residential neighbourhood near schools and daycares, close to transportation and many local amenities such as libraries, recreation centres, and shopping. The ability to function independently while managing multiple tasks and an ability to adapt to change is an ongoing expectation of this position.
Schedule: Full time, 37.5 hours weekly, Monday to Friday
The successful candidate will be expected to take part in an on-call rotation and work a flexible schedule when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Current Enhanced Reliability Certificate
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts Degree (or equivalent) in a related field
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Current Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License is preferred
- Vehicle is preferred, including insurance that allows for transporting residents
- Previous employment in a lead position at a correctional facility
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word,
- Proficient in the use of the Offender Management System (OMS)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Preference given to those with an academic background in criminology
- Effective demonstration of skills in
- Risk assessment and management
- Conflict Resolution
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Assertive Case Management
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mental Health First Aid
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.