Reporting to the Rising Sun Manager, the CRF Activities and Case Manager is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of social and recreational programs which support a state of wellbeing and growth for clients in recovery from addiction. The Activities and Case Manager facilitates the recovery and capacity-building of clients to maximize their social and economic potential and support their goals.
The ability to function independently while managing multiple client needs and quality assurance tasks is an ongoing expectation of this position.
Please note that direct program activities may require a moderate level of physical fitness to successfully fulfill the duties of the position.
Schedule: While this will generally be an 8:00am to 4:30pm position, working 24 hours a week the Activities and Case Manager will need to be flexible to accommodate weekend and evening events when they occur.
- Interact and build enthusiasm with all clients and staff, modeling a community-oriented culture.
- Assist in event communications and management including setting and following timelines, creating calendars, and recruiting volunteers.
- Work with the Events Coordinator in the preparation, implementation, and follow up of recreation programming.
- Support the Events Coordinator with creating and developing new recreational programming based on client needs.
- Assist with planning and creative components of the recreation program such as organizing decorations and refreshments for themed events.
- Client orientation, assessment, counselling and group facilitation for an assigned caseload of clients.
- Prepare intake and admissions documentation for review with new clients in the Housing Program prior to the client’s move-in date.
- Welcomes and orients incoming Transitional and Supportive Housing Programs clients with move-in tasks such as;
- ensuring bedbug protocols have been completed and assisting with unpacking.
- conducting a building orientation i.e. laundry facilities, accessing neighbourhood resources, staff locations and responsibilities.
- communicating health and security expectations.
- reviewing Client Handbook to ensure new clients’ understanding and agreement on program guidelines and expectations.
- Actively involves the client in action planning and encourages the client to take responsibility for the outcomes they are striving to achieve.
- Monitor clients for situational or other stressors and/or subtle changes in motivation that indicate elevated risk; acts proactively to check in; intervenes early when lack of accountability occurs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education in a related discipline and two years’ experience.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the delivery of recreation services and lead teams is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in group-based fitness and workshop instruction
- Collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems.
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English.
- Current Tuberculosis Screening Certificate.
- Current First Aid/CPR.
- Enhanced Criminal Records check
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter here
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.